Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fashion Focus : Siyabonga Ngwekazi

Siyabonga Ngwekazi, a young lad from Port Elizabeth, made his mark as the presenter of the SABC 1 urban culture show Street Journal. This guys stands out everywhere he goes, with his bright colours and eclectic dress sense, wacky sense of humour and definitely the shades and sneakers.

When asked what inspires his style? this is what he had to say...

'' I'm a big fan of basketball and hip hop. The formal side of my dress code is inspired by Motown, that's when cats were flamboyant, precise, colourful and individualistic. And the other side, the more urban look is inspired by the streets. Those are my influences and I leave a bit of space to add who I am. I guess I'm also always trying to be the first, even though I'll encounter a lot of criticism. I remember when I first did the whole tight and colourful jeans. Now cats is doing it ! Im just trying to be relevant globally. I think the fact that when I was younger I also couldnt afford the gear that I liked and wanted your Nikes etc, we were'nt poor or anything, my parents were also stylish dressers, but I could'nt wear the things I wanted. So I made a vow that the dayI get my hands on some money, I'll get the clothes and shoes I want ! ''




                                                   




                                               




Captured here at the GQ best dressed awards 2010
                                            
Pics from:  GQ.co.za /

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment